Intrauterine insemination (IUI), a kind of artificial insemination, is a fertility treatment method. When your ovary produces one or more eggs to be fertilised, cleaned and concentrated sperm is inserted directly in your uterus. The goal of intrauterine insemination is for the sperm to swim into the fallopian tube and fertilise an egg that is already there, resulting in pregnancy. IUI can be used with your regular cycle or with fertility medicines, depending on the cause of your infertility. The iui cost singapore is reasonable.
Why it’s done?
The capacity of a couple to become pregnant is determined by a variety of circumstances. Intrauterine insemination is most commonly done in couples with:
- Donor sperm
- Infertility caused by endometriosis
- Mild male factor infertility (subfertility)
- Cervical factor infertility
- Infertility caused by ovulatory factors
- A spermallergy
Intrauterine insemination is a reasonably easy and safe treatment with minimal risk of major consequences. Among the dangers are:
- As a result of the surgery, there is a minor chance of infection.
- During the operation of placing the catheter into the uterus, a small amount of vaginal bleeding may occur. This normally has little influence on the likelihood of conception.
- Pregnancy with multiples. IUI is not linked to an increased risk of multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets, or more). However, when combined with ovulation-inducing medicines, the chance of multiple pregnancies skyrockets. Multiple pregnancies have more dangers than a single pregnancy, such as premature labour and low birth weight.
Aftermath the procedure
Before utilising an at-home pregnancy test, wait at least two weeks.Testing too early might lead to the following outcomes:
- False-negative. If pregnancy hormones have not yet achieved detectable levels, the test may come back negative even if you are pregnant.
- False-positive. If you’re using ovulation-inducing medicine, such as HCG, the drug that’s still circulating in your body might signal that you’re pregnant when you’re not.
Your doctor may advise you to return two weeks after the findings of your home kit for a blood test, which is more sensitive in identifying pregnancy hormones after fertilisation.If you seem unable to produce, you may also choose to try IUI once more before pursuing other fertility treatments. To increase the odds of pregnancy, the same medication is frequently taken for three to six months.The IUI cost,Singapore is reasonable.After the operation, you can get dressed and resume your normal daily activities.