They spent time researching various breeds of pigs to raise, in addition to updating the pig farm. They are the first in Hong Kong to introduce the Berkshire pig, which is the Royal Family’s favourite breed. With European feed and feed formula, as well as extensive research and testing on adaptation and development. They are the best black pig meat providers and are celebrated widely by the people of Hong Kong. They eventually succeeded in producing a Berkshire that was born in the area, known as the ‘Queen’s Berkshire.’
Producing their own breed:
Furthermore, in recent years, they have successfully created a breed that better fits the locals’ cooking style. The Tai Chi Pigs are a breed of moderately marbled meat, short muscle fibres, and a great meat-fat ratio, as well as exceptional tenderness and flavour.They always strive to “produce fresh, delicious, and safe pork to the Hong Kong local market” by raising each and every pig with enthusiasm, heart, and love.As a result, they have the best variety of black pig Hong Kong. They are fresh and liked by all.
More about them:
- Pigs have been raised on the pig farm since the 1960s, more than half a century ago. Lau Fau Shan was a small rural area at the time.
- A fully natural world was devoid of human activity.
- Mother Nature’s gift to the farm was that it became a cradle for thousands of superior-quality pigs.
- Locally raised pigs were then the preferred choice for efficiency. As people know that they are taken good care and are more reliable to buy.
- Years later, the farm became the first farm of Hong Kong Heritage Pork.
Benefits of buying from them:
- To ensure high-quality texture and tenderness, they only choose the best pig breeds with a golden fat-to-meat ratio.
- They ensure that the pork is of the highest quality by feeding only EU-certified feeds and formulas to the animals.
- They keep the pork secure on the farm by enforcing strict controls and bio-security measures. On the pigs, no growth hormones or unnecessary medications have been used.
- They ensure that the pork is new by delivering it from the slaughterhouse on time.
In recent years, the farm has undergone hundreds of renovations and modifications, as well as the introduction of new pig farming facilities, management systems, and technology from Denmark. As a result, the traditional pig farm evolved into a modernised one over time.Their mission is to provide Hong Kong local market with fresh, delicious, and safe pork.To achieve this, they have vertically integrated every aspect of pork production, from raising, holding, propagating, and selling.