As steam-powered more and more human inventions, people found that harnessing the power of this could help rotate fans and other components to churn out air. In the early Victorian era, ventilation was a huge issue, with dark, grimy streets cutting off access to fresh air. This is where the need for ventilation was felt and it was Liverpool that saw the first ventilation fan being put into use. The invention of the first ventilation system still leaves a mark in the 21st century and its repercussions in modern-day energy-saving discussions.
What are some of the types of fans out there?
- Wall-mounted fans consist of a fan system that is attached to a stationary wall. This enables the air to easily enter and exit the property.
- Exterior fans comprise a system that is in direct contact with the outside and help to circulate air through the house.
- If you are looking for better ventilation settings, then a ceiling system for ventilation would be the best option. These are mounted on the ceiling and they release air from inside the home through the presence of a small hole present on it.
- Kitchen fans are some of the most common ones being used and these are installed in the form of a hood and help remove odors from the kitchen.
- Bathroom ventilation systems work with the main motive of expelling the internal air outside. These are typically small in size and are readily available.
- If you have a room where having a fan is not cutting it for the ventilation, then an inline ventilation system is commonly used.
- Some exhaust systems also come enabled with lights. This combo-type arrangement can light up the ventilated area and increase visibility.
The key to choosing a ventilation system for your space would be to analyze the space you are in and choose one that would be the best fit. If your space is large, then you might want to opt for high-powered systems, and for smaller spaces, low power can work just as well. These fans come in a variety of shapes and sizes and also have special features added in many. Before installing one of these fans, it is suggested that you do a thorough inspection of the area and ensure that all the electrical supply and connections are in good shape. Install them following the manufacturer’s instructions.