The pelvic floor is the muscles that support the abdominal region by connecting the hip, tailbones, and pubic bone. There is a myth among people that pelvic weakness or tightness is common and is because of aging. But they do not correlate to the age factor, it may affect people of any age group. The possibilities of getting this muscle’s weakness are because of.
- A woman being pregnant or given birth to a baby
- A person who has back pain
- Obesity and constipation issues
- Heavy workout or lifting
- Chronic sneeze or cough
- Lower estrogen level in women after menopause
- Surgeries for cancer involving cutting the muscles.
Hence, when they experience any pains or symptoms related to the pelvic part, they must approach a physiotherapist to get the proper treatment, and it will help to eliminate the critical surgery. Physiotherapy helps people to recover from dysfunction and injuries.
These Physiotherapy treatments will decrease the pelvic weakness symptoms like
- Urine leakage during sneezing or coughing.
- Condensed sensation in Vagina.
- Incomplete bowel movement.
- Constant urination and feeling difficult in emptying the bowels.
- A bulge in the vagina for women and rectum for men.
Pelvic tightness symptoms like
- Pelvic pain and incontinence.
- Retention, which is the condition where you cannot empty the bowels or bladder,
- Frequent or increase the count of bowels and urine.
- Constipation or straining much during a bowel movement.
- Hip and lower back pain.
- Severe pain during sexual intercourse.
- Painful urination or slow urine flow.
The physiotherapist in pelvic floor physiotherapy toronto will assess the muscles connected with the bowel, urinary tract, bladder, bowel, uterus, vagina, and rectum and treat them to function properly. When these muscles are not functioning properly, it may lead to complicated disease and will collapse the pelvic health for both men and women. They assess the flexibility and posture of the muscles thru external and internal examination and create a detailed history. Based on the detailed assessment and findings, they suggest a treatment plan for the patients. The Physiotherapy treatment helps people to improve the functions of the pelvic floor through workouts, exercises, proper guidance, hands-on treatments, electrotherapy, and lifestyle modifications. During the treatment, you may feel discomfort or acute pain, which is very common. When you experience severe pain, then you should inform the therapist and they aid you in providing the manual therapies to relieve pain.
The Physiotherapy session comprises
- Relaxation techniques for pelvic floor muscles
- Breathing techniques
- Guidance and education on bowel and bladder habits
- Massage techniques for pelvic floor and abdomen areas
- Hip and pelvic stretches. They give advice on the usage of vaginal dilators to stretch muscles for women.
- Scar tissues acupressure practice.
You have the feasibility to book the appointment for pelvic floor physiotherapy toronto online by entering the details like name, phone number, email, and the service, where you need to mention the pelvic floor. The physiotherapist who is providing service here is patient-friendly, and they assure to clear all your concerns and doubts. They aim to work on giving perfect well-being for their patients. The working days are on the weekdays from Monday to Friday, and the business hour is from 9.00 AM to 7.00 PM.